Monday, April 30, 2007

Memorable Moments with Kaure Muala

Kaure & Buta Lani
"I want my doo doo"
Waaaaahhh!!!I lub yu mummy!
Posing on the mat at home
"Mummy,I'm tired, I want to sleep"

I've never attended an Anzac Day dawn service but last Thursday, I decided to go with Kaure and some friends from EMB. After waking up at 4.45am and having a lightening fast shower that even Superman would've been proud of then bundling a very sleepy Kaure into the bus, we arrived at The Memorial site, only to find out they were still setting up. Although late, it was a lovely ceremony. Things were going along just fine until the Catholic priest said a prayer and asked everyone for 2 minutes silence afterwards. We were barely into the first minute of silence when Kaure Muala decided to sneeze.......and fart at the same time, loudly of course! this prompted the school kids behind us to burst out laughing.(sigh) Yes, very embarrassing.

Here's a conversation between Michelle Benua and Kaure.
Michelle: Wow! Kaure, I like you shirt and trousers, new ones ah?
Kaure: Yes, my mummy bought dem.
Michelle: Ok, and are you wearing any underpants?
Kaure: (very confidently) No, I'm wearing bolo bolos!

If I get cross and smack Kaure for being naughty he'll bawl his eyes out, come up to me and with big tears rolling down his face and kus flowing out of his nostrils cry out " I lub yu mummy" "I lub yu" then he'll start planting kisses on my arms and face. (sigh) It's hard to stay angry when he's like that.
Kaure has a very inquisitive nature so when he's in the toilet, I always have to keep an ear out for him because he likes to go through all my things on the shelves(while still sitting on the dunny!). Our conversation usually goes like this-

Me: Kaure, you ok?
Kaure: (immediately) Yes mummy!I'm not doing anything,I'm just pee peeing!(sounds of rustling)
Me: Are you sure?
Kaure: Yes mummy,I'm not doing anything,don't come in,don't come in yet!
This is usually my cue to go in!
Every week Kaure's going through some new phase. Last week each time he came with me to drop off the staff in the bus, he had to bring his little plastic stool along with him (despite it filling up half the space in the front seat!)
We always have fights over his blue gum boots! Rain or shine, he has to wear them. Even if it's stinking hot and he's sweating like a pig, he has to keep his beloved blue gum boots on. As a result, I'm constantly hiding the boots and he always ends up finding them!
Kaure loves to share everything with his friends! The last time I bought a nice packet of biscuits that I was hoping to last a whole week, he took the whole packet from the fridge and went to all his pals and yelled out " Who wants biscuit? Of course they all yelled out "Me!!". I was left with
the crumbs.

1 comment:

Jane & Cam said...

Oh my gosh - I can't believe how big he's getting! Even in the month we've been gone he looks so much taller (at least lying down).
And I do believe he's had a haircut! No long hair for Kaure? : )

Much love and hugs from us in Roma!
Jane and Cam