Thursday, April 26, 2007

The morning after!

Rosita, Kaure & Javier. Maus o?
He may look nothing like me, but that is definitely a Max expression!
Is that the guiltiest look you've ever seen or what?
Kaure and his pals rehearsing for the "Chorus Line".

Yes,Hales, I'm sorry but finally after 6 years......they broke.
But it was all worth it girl!
And Thank Lord it happened just as we were leaving The Jetty!
So how's my hair ?Elaine,the next morning.

I had to save the best for last. Yes, it was that bad.
At least after a few mouthfuls of spicy chilli & egg noodles,
I could actually open my eyes!


Following Lani's Birthday party that Saturday afternoon, the adults decided to attend a party
of their own,this time at "The Jetty". In Alotau the two "hottest" clubs to check out on a Saturday night are Alotau Int'l Hotel's "Jetty" which is literally on a jetty overlooking the bay and the other is the Cameron Club.Ok so when I say clubs, I don't mean like Lamana Hotel's "Gold Club", hey it's Alotau...... actually, by the time you've had your fourth glass of rum n' coke, believe it or not it actually does start looking a lot like The Gold Club!



Since we were invited to the launching of The Miss Milne Bay Quest, we chose The Jetty. It was a cocktail affair so surprisingly most people (especially the ladies) were dressed up to the nines!This is a rare sight in Alotau so t'was a pleasant surprise I must say.It was all about stilletos, bare skin and some rather daring thigh high splits for some. As I said, this is not a common sight in Alotau not to mention The Jetty, where t-shirts, jeans and thongs/slippers can often be the norm!We, as in Jeannie, Pauline,Elaine and I ruled the dance floor and had such a ball. Elaine being the new girl in town caused quite a stir with her errm....pole dancing moves!


In the end despite the aching feet, broken shoes, heat,crappy (& expensive) rum, fight in the car park umm what else...we had an awesome night!Here are some piccies of the morning after.....a far contrast to the night before I can assure you!While we relaxed and lazed on my verandah, Kaure and his pals kept us well entertained.

1 comment:

MerciElaine said...

*Ahemmm! Well, yes the new girl in town! You missed mentioning the homely sista, Mitch!! Damn she could break it down on the dancefloor...
And the morning after, OMG! My hair!!!

Anyways, Great Blog Max! Bring it on.....